Nov. 14-15, 2019
Learn how to invest like 500 Startups, one of the most active seed stage VCs in the world. VC Unlocked: Miami is a two-day executive education program for up-and-coming VCs and angel investors who want to learn how Silicon Valley really works.
Join our list to learn more about the Miami program.
Who Should Apply
VCs, angel investors, and fund managers who want to deepen their understanding of early stage seed investing.
The two-day program of lectures, practical exercises, and Demo Day will take place in Downtown Miami.
The program fee is $2,499 and covers tuition, access to Demo Day, all course materials and lunch. Travel and accommodations are not included.
We accept qualified candidates on a rolling basis. Space is limited so we encourage you to apply early.
What to expect
In two days, 500 Startups Partners and guest instructors will cover the fundamentals behind setting up a fund, picking startups, structuring deals, and much more.
- The Silicon Valley VC and startup ecosystem
- Understanding the VC lifecycle, multi-stage financing and venture returns
- Generating deal flow aligned to your thesis to build your portfolio
- How to analyze investment opportunities
- Demo Day and Networking
- Demo Day debrief
- Investment committee simulation
- Understanding venture finance key legal terms
- Term sheet negotiations
- The nitty gritty of valuations & cap tables
The sessions will be taught by 500 Startups partners, UC Berkeley faculty, and a guest instructor from Softbank's Vision Fund. Instructors include:
What Past Participants Have Said
Fantastic content put on by quality individuals. They also thoughtfully curated attendees so the group dynamic was fantastic as well. Can't wait to take a deeper dive!